Voice lessons are essential for someone who is looking to get the most out of their singing voice. Whether they are looking to sing karaoke, perform with a band, compete in music festivals, or just sing better when driving, having the correct understanding of your technique and theory will not only improve sound, but can protect you from damaging your voice as well.
Some of the benefits of voice lessons include:
- Developing a stronger voice with better projection, tone, and breath support for longer notes.
- Knowing how to control your pitch better, and understand how to find your note whether singing the melody or harmony.
- Understanding how to phrase and voice notes better so that you can be heard more clearly, and be able to time your syllables to maximize your rhythmic effects.
- Timing your breathing patterns and controlling your intake and exhale for sustained notes and a more relaxed performance.
- Learning to understand your role in the music, whether you are front and center, a back-up singer, or performing in a duet or ensemble.
- Developing techniques to help play an instrument and sing at the same time.
- Opportunities to perform at various local events, recitals, or compete in the Leduc Rotary Music Festival.
Diana Turner draws her vocal experience from a classical background. Diana and Arlyn both love to teach the music that you are interested in learning, whether that's modern folk, pop, country, jazz, or classical.
Diana and Arlyn are the leaders of the Turn'er Up! Choir, and each have Turn'er Up! Performance groups that they run as well, bringing many unique opportunities to their students.
If you are unsure who would be ideal for you, please call or stop by and we can arrange a meeting with some of our instructors to be sure they will be a good fit for you.Voice Instructors