The THV30 series offers the top end models in Lag's HyVibe line-up currently and feature the stunning looking & sounding Bearclaw Spruce and Bocote as the body wood compliment. Every piece of wood is carefully selected for its tonal characteristics & aesthetic properties.
The top is carved out of a specially selected Bearclaw Spruce, which takes the sonic print of Sitka spruce and expands it due to its higher stiffness. It also adds a distinguished look with its unique figuring patterns.
The back & sides utilize the breathtaking deep hued Bocote, which when combined with the spruce offers a tone that is incredibly responsive, with full and rich midrange as well as impressive sustain.
However, all of this quality would be nothing without playability. For that the guitar's cutaway, Lag slim neck profile, Blackwood fingerboard, and exquisite setup makes the guitar a dream to play. Whether you're a strummer, a flatpicker or a fingerpicker, the neck profile and slightly wider string spacing makes it easy and fun to play, even before you turn on the HyVibe electronics.
The smaller bodied THV30ACE is much more comfortable to sit with than its larger Dreadnought counterparts (THV30DCE) while offering a more compressed mids focused tone. The guitar is still well balanced and has a full bottom end despite the smaller size, but compared to the dreadnought it doesn't quite have as much volume or low end punch. If you aren't sure which one will suit your needs the best, stop by to try them both out if you're in our area, or contact us to chat about the options.HyVibe Electronics
The HyVibe system makes this THV30ACE and its family of models so special.
It has 2 actuators embedded beneath the top of the guitar below the bridge which allows the system to utilize the top of the guitar as a speaker.
This "speaker" can be used for a variety of useful things:
- Applying real time effects to your acoustic sound. These include Reverb, Chorus, Delay, Tremolo, Phaser and many more!
- Creating guitar loops. These are perfect for practicing scales, soloing, improvisation, timing, chord progressions, songwriting, orchestration and so much more.
- Playing with a Metronome. This can have a variety of time signatures and bpm applied for varied practice regiments and songs.
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming. Anything you can play from your phone, tablet, etc. Can be played through the top of the guitar itself. This includes music, podcasts, videos, voice memos and so much more. This means that playing along with backing tracks on Youtube, songs on Spotify, or your own recordings can now be done quickly and easily from anywhere! Out around the campfire, busking on the street, jamming on the couch, or anywhere else you can take your guitar, all with no cables plugged in.
The very first Smart Guitar in the world.
A guitar that can amplify itself, generate its own effects, or even turn into a Bluetooth speaker, all without cables, pedals or amps.
- Top: Solid Bearclaw Spruce
- Back & Sides: Figured Bocote
- Finish: Glossy
- Bridge: Blackwood
- Body Type: Auditorium With Cut-away
- Neck: khaya Mahogany
- Finish: satin
- Fingerboard: blackwood
- Frets: 20 – silver nickel
- Scale: 650 mm
- Machine heads: 18:1 Gear Ratio Satin Black Diecast with Metal Buttons
- Nut: Black graphite / 43 mm
- Multi-effects processing (reverb, chorus, delay, octaver, tremolo, phaser, distortion...)
- Acoustic Guitar Looper
- Bluetooth speaker (stream directly from your phone through your guitar and play along)
- Download the mobile app to go further with your guitar.
- Compatible with Airturn Bluetooth Footswitches for hands free effects navigation, loop creation, etc.
*Note: All images are of a previously sold guitar. Due to the natural variances in the figured woodgrain patterns of Bearclaw spruce & Bocote, each guitar may look quite different from the next. If you would like to know what our in-stock units look like prior to ordering, message us for more images. email@example.com
We are also Canada's first authorized HyVibe installers and can equip almost any guitar with a HyVibe system. Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this process & a quote on installation into your guitar of choice.