Our monthly rentals (aka "Rent-To-Rent" or "Rent-Only") program is certainly our most commonly used rental program since it's perfect for situations where you want to try out an instrument before committing to a purchase. Here are some examples of situations where this program is perfect:
- You're a beginner who doesn't know if you will enjoy playing at all, so you want to rent for a month or two while you start lessons.
- You're a student who needs an instrument for a class at school but aren't sure you will need one once the class is completed.
- You're an intermediate player who wants to try out a different instrument style to see if the sound, feel, features, or quality of the new one is worth the investment for you.
- You're a pro who needs a particular instrument for a specific purpose for more than a few weeks, but doesn't need to purchase one outright since it wont be required a few months down the road.
- You're current instrument requires a repair that will take months waiting for parts before it can be completed so you need something to use while you wait.
If you're in any of these situations or a wide range of others, then this may be the rental program for you.How It Works
You can choose from a wide range of new and used products throughout the store, or one of our dedicated rental instruments. Once the paperwork and initial payment is completed you can take your rental home, paying your monthly rental fee through our site, by e-transfer, or in-store by the same date each month until you decide to return it or purchase it outright.
Pricing varies from product to product with monthly rates starting as low as $15.00 per month. We may be assembling a definitive price list for our most common rentals in the near future, but until then, or for uncommon rental pricing, contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you decide to purchase the item outright at any time while your rental is active, we will apply 60% of the cumulative total of all your previous rental payments (before tax) as a credit toward the purchase price of your rental item. This makes it ideal as a way to try out an instrument before deciding to purchase!
While the 60% credit is technically intended to be applied towards the exact item you had been renting, in situations where you want to switch from a previously rented unit to a brand new unit, where you require a different size of the same item, or where you are looking to upgrade in quality and price from the rented item, we will apply those credits to that new item.
All rentals will require a damage deposit of at least 15% of the items retail value which will be refunded upon the safe return of the item, or applied towards the purchase if you decide to buy that item at a later time. Items returned with damage may only get a partial damage deposit refund, or in extreme cases of major damage, item loss or irreparable damage will be charged additional costs up to the full retail value of the item.
*When choosing an item to rent, not all items will be available without additional restrictions (a minimum number of months, higher damage deposit, etc) This will all be discussed prior to choosing a rental.